.

Friday, May 25, 2012

The Mayor's Marathon - A Fund Raiser

Hello Everyone,

I know we have all been shaken up with Mike's recent diagnosis. However, with no surprise, Mike's family and friends have quickly come together with a strong, loving and positive approach.

In an effort to find a way to contribute from so very far away, I have decided to run The Mayor's Marathon in Anchorage, Alaska on June 23, 2012. I will be running this race for Uncle Mike and fund raising for the LEUKEMIA & LYMPHOMA SOCIETY. I am hoping to raise at least $100 for each mile I complete.  I am on week 12 of my 16 week training program and going strong, just like Mike ;)

In times of struggle, it is hard to know what to do to help. Geographically, I am about as far as I can be from Mike and my family. However, my thoughts, prayers and efforts, are working to support every step of Mike's recovery. I hope this fundraiser can contribute to the work that needs to be done to cure Leukemia.

I have set up the following web page to gather donations:

http://www.gofundme.com/hdh2s

Feel free to share the link with everyone you know.

XOXOXO

Love, Renee

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful effort Renee! Mike has always been incredibly proud of you and I know this means the world to him, Tina and the whole family. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete