.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

I'm Home...

I’ve been home for six beautiful days. The kids are home for school break so we’ve been spending a lot of quality time together. We watch movies, go to the park and every night we enjoy the delicious dinners from the loving community of Wyckoff.  April 23rd I go back to the hospital for a treatment. While unsure of the length of time for that treatment, afterwards I will be home for a month and will know more about my bone marrow transplant around that time.

Easter at Rob and Michele’s house was fantastic.  After the thirty days in the hospital, sitting outside in the sun watching all the kids running around laughing while hunting for Easter eggs was so rejuvenating.  This year I broke the Easter tradition of enjoying 10 glasses of rich red wine with my brothers and sisters. Instead, I polished off a few full plates of Chicken Parm with Linguini!

Tina and I are able to get through this because of the love and support from our family, friends and of course Dr Schecter.  Most importantly, thank you so much for the way you have taken care of Tina and my children while I’ve been in the hospital - with a special call out to the loving women of Wyckoff that drop off nutritious dinners for my family every night.

Your prayers and messages are making  a difference in my recovery.  I’m a different person today because of your expressions of love and the kindness that has been extended. I am so eager to return the love at my first possible opportunity.  With a tremendous amount of appreciation, I love you all very much.

See you soon,

Mike

16 comments:

  1. Great news, Mike! Thanks for sharing.

    Love,

    The Cottos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God, Michael! I am so happy to hear this wonderful news! The prayers and positive thoughts will continue from the Mile High City of Denver, Colorado. I miss you and wish you so much love and happiness!

    Love,

    Alice Johnson Quinlan and Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike, it is so good to hear you are doing well and spending time with your family. I look forward to seeing you at our 25th HS reunion in November! xoxo. Hindi

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so great to read this post!! Thanks for keeping us updated as we are thinking of you constantly. Best wishes and continued prayers coming your way.

    Hope to see you soon.
    Tracey & Billy

    ReplyDelete
  5. great news Mike!!!

    Todd Breitling

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news, Mike, and really wonderful to have you be the one to post it!

    We're so glad you're home enjoying time with your family.

    Love,

    The Malloy's

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mike,

    Kipper tagged me your web blog this morning and no doubt strong prayer, community, and spirit are flowing deeply for you, Tina and your family. I want you to know that the Nolan's are powering up prayer for you my friend. I am a bone marrow donor as well and of course would be honored to help you.

    God Bless

    Love, Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mike,

    So happy to hear that you are home and with your family! Thinking of you guys often. Our prayers are with you. Keep up your positive attitude!!

    Love, Kara Stansel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mike,
    An unlooked for consequence of your latest post?-- thanks for making it okay to acknowledge the (occasional?!) consumption of ten glasses of rich, red wine.

    As you know, keeping you in our thoughts every day!

    Patrick Ferry and Family

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mike,
    Glad to see your home! Stay strong brother and keep pushing forward! One of these days we need to get together and catch up! Many prayers and support from Phoenix, Arizona!

    Tim Hines

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mike. So this will make you smile...this is Tina's bloodsister from childhood :) Tina and I reconnected on Facebook a while back. You have a team down here in Hilton Head Island, SC cheering you on! Stay really strong and keep fighting this because you will beat it! So glad you got to spend Easter with your beautiful family and that you've been HOME!

    Love,

    Kim Seaglund (Eric, Michael, Stephen and Daniel too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mike - You are in our daily thoughts & prayers. So glad to hear you are home. Feel better!!!! Chris & Jeanine Rossi & Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mike,

    Been thinking a praying for you.

    Over the years we have established kind of a family tradition that after we received communion at mass we come back to our pew and hold hands, then pick one thing to dedicate our host and pray for, your recovery has been our host dedication since we heard and will continue to be until you are healed.

    Go get em on Monday, I'm betting on you.

    God Bless you and your family,
    Gene and carol Petraglia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Mike- Best of luck tomorrow and in the weeks ahead. You are in our thoughts and prayers. We are praying for your health and happiness, for your family, and that next weekends blood drive finds a match for bone marrow...
    Stay strong!!
    God Bless,
    Jim and Chris Hourihan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Mike, You are in our thoughts and prayers every day. You are going to beat this! Love, Kevin and Chris Emery

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Mike and family,
    My name is Chuck and my wife and family are walking the same walk in life right now and if there is anything we can do to help, or if you wan tto chat Laura would be happy to do so. Have you found a match as of yet?...I would be glad to get tested for you!
    Again, my name is Chuck and my wife who is suffering from AML and just had her transplant are here if we can help. My office number is 201-612-1111 and we live here in Waldwick.
    All the best wishes and prayers to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete